Friday, February 15, 2008

Condoms & Despair

Dear Blob,
I do not recommend The Despairing should come to LA, thinking because the city is usually sunny, happiness will be found. This was one of my Jogging-Thoughts, today, running past Despairing Homeless Person after Despairing Junkie in Echo Park. There are about 6 million people in LA and I think 3 million are probably despairing; 2 million are perhaps slightly depressed and I hope it's not optimistic to think there are 1 million truly happy people in LA.

In other news, I feel mixed about seeing used condoms on the street. My initial reaction is repulsion at being subjected to someone else's disgusting, withered wiener-wrappers; but then I'm really happy and proud of the condom-user, at their thoughtfulness, taking the time to practice safe sex on the corner of De Longpre and Gower, across from Sunset Studios.
Love The Ukulady
ps: I am one of the 1 million; truly happy.
pps: Heal Britney!

No comments: